Join the Network
If you would like to host a node on the Peoples Open Network or just spread the word about mesh networks, here are the best ways to get involved:
Stop by our weekly meeting/hacknight, Tuesdays 7:30pm at the Omni Commons.
Find out how to contribute remotely by visiting the development page.
Chat on IRC: #peoplesopen.net on Freenode
However, being part of a mesh network is more than just hosting a node at your home.
What being part of a mesh network means:
- Getting people involved in open, community-owned and -operated networks.
- Talking to neighbors, friends, or any other human about mesh networks.
- Posting flyers in your neighborhood.
- Designing new posters, flyers, and other graphics.
- Organizing workshops, conference talks, or cryptoparties.
- Mounting new nodes on rooftops.
- Running wire and crimping ethernet cable.
- Flashing nodes with our custom firmware.
- Maintaining nodes that already are on the network.
- Developing and designing web apps that can run locally on the network.
- Repairing old electronics and prototyping new devices.
- Writing grant applications!!!