Join the Network
If you would like to host a node on the Peoples Open Network or just spread the word about mesh networks, check out these pages to see how you can get involved:
However, being part of a mesh network is more than just hosting a node at your home.
What being part of a mesh network means:
- Getting people involved in open, community-owned and -operated networks;
- Talking to neighbors, friends, or any other human about mesh networks;
- Posting flyers in your neighborhood;
- Designing new posters, flyers, and other graphics;
- Organizing workshops, conference talks, or cryptoparties;
- Mounting new nodes on rooftops;
- Running wire and crimping ethernet cable;
- Flashing nodes with our custom firmware;
- Maintaining nodes that already are on the network;
- Developing and designing web apps that can run locally on the network;
- Repairing< old electronics and prototyping new devices;
- Writing grant applications!!!